Monday 31 March 2014

Work appropriate mani Monday: Rose gold with a touch of glitter

I honestly think that the main featured polish used in this mani - Essie's 'tea & crumpet's - was one of the first few nail polishes I've ever owned. The polish is SO old that I had to add some nail polish thinner (i.e. nail polish remover - I know they say not to do that, but I like to live dangerously) to reduce clumpiness. Once I did that it went on like silk! More proof that it's old: The embossed rectangles that surround the 'essie' logo on the sides of the bottle are rounded out at the corners unlike the current bottles which are more rectangular, and there is an embossed 'e' on the top of the lid while the polish name is on the bottom label under the bottle itself! Crazy, I know!

I just had to accent it with one of my new Cirque glitter polishes. The rose-gold reminiscent result was just perfection. I wouldn't just wear this to work, I'd wear this any day!

Jewelery featured: Rose gold Katie link bracelet by Marc Jacobs and ring by Coach







Polishes used:
- Essie 'Tea & crumpets' (sheer/frosted beige/pink)
- Cirque 'Stella' (rose gold glitter)


1 comment:

  1. Very nice blog. I have to share it with my wife. I'm also going to create a blog like that but on a topic of windows repairment because I work at ARAX Windows Work Company and know a lot about patio door repair restoration. I think such blog is essential for many men.

    ReplyDelete