Monday 17 March 2014

Work appropriate mani Monday: Stark white

Sometimes just one colour - and I mean only ONE polish - can be beautiful. White nails were a hot style thing a few years back, but I've seen a few mani ladies sporting off-white/ivory nails lately and it's just so damn beautiful. This includes Tips and Topcoat's review of Jacava London's 'Vanilla slice', Polish is my kryptonite's swatch of Wet n' Wild's 'A blank canvas', and Ane Li's numerous instagram works where she paints a simple object using black ink on all-white nails, like these dandelions, this stretched feather, or this feather and bird silhouette. I do not possess crazy talents like hers, so I'll stick with the plain white for now....

This mani is actually a backdrop to one I will reveal later... stay tuned cause obviously I can't leave a plain mani alone.

I decided against the harsh bright white and opted for a subtle ivory white by layering one sheer coat of a transluscent nude jelly over an opaque white polish (though the pics don't translate this as the backdrop is grey and the scarf has grey fabric in it. You'll just have to trust me).









Polished used (for now... mu ha ha ha):
- Essie 'Blanc' (3 base coats)
- Essie 'Adore-a-ball' (1 coat)



No comments:

Post a Comment